Superconducting nanowire single-photon detectors (SNSPDs or SSPDs) are among the highest performing detectors in the visible and near-infrared frequency range. At Photon Spot, we work hard to continually improve our detector specifications. Our best detectors exhibit:
- >85% system detection efficiency
- Sub-100Hz dark counts
- ~70 ps FWHM picosecond timing jitter
- Recovery times of ~50 ns
We have demonstrated these specifications at many wavelengths, including 1550 nm, 1310 nm, 780nm, and 825nm.
We also manufacture customized detectors that can provide:
- High efficiency at a user-specified wavelength from the UV to near-IR
- Photon number resolution
- Large areas for coupling to multi-mode fibers
- Faster reset times of ~25 ns or less
- Mid-Infrared sensitivity
We have made detectors for >10 wavelengths between the UV and mid-IR, and are have a broadband detector in production. Email us with your specifications -- there is a chance that we have it in stock!
We hold exclusive licenses to many detector-related patented technologies, including multi-element nanowire detectors.
Our detectors are ideally suited to low photon-flux applications, such as:
- Free-space optical communication
- Low-flux biophotonics
- Quantum optics experiments
- Linear optics quantum computing
- Semiconductor diagnotics
Contact us today with your desired specifications.